Cost per serving $9.33 view details
- 1/2 c. Chicken stock
- 2 x Jalapenos sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Minced cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x Chicken breast half
- 1/2 x Red onion cut 1/4" thk rounds
- 3 x Flour tortillas - (8" dia)
- 1Â 1/2 c. Crumbled soft goat cheese
- 1/2 c. Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Basil chiffonade
- Â Â Melted butter for brushing
- Â Â Lowfat sour cream for garnish
- Â Â Minced cilantro for garnish
- In a blender or possibly food processor combine first 5 ingredients and blend till smooth. In a shallow nonreactive pan pour blender mix over chicken breast half and set aside to marinate, covered and refrigerated, 4 hrs. Preheat a grill or possibly broiler. Grill or possibly broil chicken and onions 2 to 3 min on each side, till chicken is just cooked through and onions are browned. Thinly slice chicken.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and butter an 8-inch round cake pan. In pan, layer one tortilla and sprinkle with half of chicken, onion, cheeses and basil. Top with a tortilla and sprinkle with remaining filling ingredients. Top with third tortilla and brush top with butter. Bake for 15 min, or possibly till lightly browned and cheeses have melted. Let rest 5 min before cutting into quarters. Serve garnished with lowfat sour cream and cilantro.
- This recipe yields 2 to 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 465g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 988||79%|
|Total Fat 111.91g||140%|
|Saturated Fat 64.03g||256%|
|Trans Fat 0.08g|
|Total Carbs 6.49g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|