I made this for my husband when he asked for soup. Now I knew what I wanted to make, though I never bothered to find an actual recipe.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
Servings: 8 Bowls
Cost per serving $0.64 view details
- Two Chicken Thighs
- Four Chicken Legs
- One Pk. McCormick Chicken Gravy
- 2 cans of Cream of Mushroom
- 8 frozen biscuits
- Get a large pot fill with water to water line
- Add salt ( if desired)
- Rinse all chicken parts
- After water starts to boil
- Place Chicken into pot with water
- Cook until chicken is falling off bone
- (If desired) you can cut chicken off before boiling, if you do this be sure to keep chicken leg bones in the water for flavor until soup is done.
- Once chicken is done take out a cup of water from the pot use this to mix the chicken gravy.
- Once chicken gravy is mixed and smooth, pour into pot with chicken.
- Next open both cans of cream of mushroom, add to pot.
- Stir cream of mushroom in, stir well for no clumps
- Finally 8 frozen biscuits need to be defrosted for cutting into atleast thirteen pieces per biscuit. You decide how big or small you would like your dumplings. Cook for atleast 20 more minutes.
- All finished
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 176g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 262||69%|
|Total Fat 29.57g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 15.67g||63%|
|Trans Fat 0.07g|
|Total Carbs 15.59g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|