Cost per recipe $4.28 view details
- 2 c. Minced onion, (about 2 medium)
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 c. Water
- 1 can (19 oz) chick-peas, rinsed and liquid removed
- 2 lrg Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp Salt, or possibly to taste
- 1/2 c. Packed fresh coriander sprigs, washed well and spun dry
- 2 tsp Fresh lemon juice, or possibly to taste
- Â Â Cumin pita crouton-crisps
- 3 x Mini pita loaves, (about 3 inches in diameter), halved crosswise
- 4 tsp Extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Grnd cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Make cumin pita crouton-crisps: Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut pita halves into 1/3 inch strips and in a small bowl toss with oil till coated proportionately. Add in cumin and salt and toss till spices adhere.
- In a shallow baking pan spread pita strips in one layer and bake in middle of oven 3 min, or possibly till crisp and golden brown. Crouton-crisps keep in an airtight container 2 weeks.
- Serve crouton-crisps in soups, salads, or possibly as a snack.
- Makes about 2 c..
- Make soup: In a 3 qt heavy saucepan cook onion in extra virgin olive oil over moderate heat, stirring, till softened and golden. Add in water, chick-peas, garlic, and salt and simmer, uncovered, 15 min. In a blender puree chick-pea mix and coriander with lemon juice till smooth.
- Serve soup topped with pita crouton-crisps.
- Makes about 3 2/3 c., serving 2.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1901g|
|Calories from Fat 399||33%|
|Total Fat 45.93g||57%|
|Saturated Fat 5.59g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 182.92g||49%|
|Dietary Fiber 47.1g||157%|