Cost per serving $1.72 view details
- 1 x No. 10 can Tomato puree
- 1 x No. 10 can Whole tomatoes minced
- 1 x No. 10 can Red kidney beans liquid removed
- 6 lb Lean grnd beef
- 2 lrg Onion minced
- 1/2 c. Chili pwdr or possibly more to taste
- 3 Tbsp. Oregano leaves whole
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Cheddar cheese grated
- Â Â Lowfat sour cream
- Â Â Onion diced
- In a large pot bring the tomato puree and whole tomatoes to a slow boil. While this is heating, brown the grnd beef with minced onion.
- Add in this to the tomato mix. Add in chili pwdr and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add in oregano, salt and pepper to taste and simmer for another 15 min.
- Add in kidney beans and simmer 30 min longer.
- Serve in a bowl with Cheddar cheese on top and a dollop of lowfat sour cream placed in the center. Diced onions complete the garnish.
- Comments: Everybody knows there is no such thing as a 19-alarm fire. Why, which would mean babies, lifeguards, bartenders, everyone would have to show up to fight it! However, this recipe from the Chicago Fire Department might actually require 19 alarms.
- If you do not know what a No. 10 can is, figure on just under a gallon.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 177g|
|Recipe makes 18 servings|
|Calories from Fat 214||61%|
|Total Fat 23.83g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 9.32g||37%|
|Trans Fat 1.42g|
|Total Carbs 4.08g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|