Cost per serving $0.88 view details
- Â Â Prep.
- Â Â Time: 0:45
- 1/2 c. minced onion
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. chili pwdr
- 16 ounce salsa
- 1/2 tsp grnd cumin
- 1/2 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1 pch salt
- 2Â 1/2 c. cooked chicken - shredded
- 8 lrg flour tortillas
- 1 c. refried beans
- 1 c. shredded cheddar or possibly
- Â Â extra virgin olive oil - for brushing
- In large saucepan*, saute/fry onion and garlic in oil till tender.
- Stir in chili pwdr, salsa, cumin, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in shredded chicken.
- Let cold.
- Grease rimmed cookie sheet**.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, spoon a heaping Tbsp. of beans down center of each tortilla. Top with 1/4 - 1/2 c. of the chicken mix. Sprinkle with cheese, if you like.
- Fold up the bottom, top and sides of tortilla.
- Secure with wooden toothpicks if necessary.
- Place chimichangas in greased baking pan**, seam side down.
- Brush all sides with the oil.
- Bake in 450 degree oven for 20 to 25 min, or possibly till golden and crisp, turning every 5 min.
- NOTES: Serve with lowfat sour cream and guacamole.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 164g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 144||58%|
|Total Fat 16.21g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 5.77g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 10.28g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|