Cost per serving $2.86 view details
- For dough:
- 2-cups Semolina (Suji),
- 1/2-cup sugar,
- Â½ liter refined oil ,
- 5 Cups of Water
- For stuffing:
- Grated coconut-1 cup ,
- 1 Cup Paneer (Dahi Chhena will be better),
- 1 cup sugar/jaggery ,
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder,
- 2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- For Dough
- Add Â½ cup water to Â½ table-spoons Semolina (Suji) to make a paste.
- Heat 5 cups of water and 1/2 cup sugar in a frying pan.
- Add the paste to the pan when the sugar solution becomes saturated and stir well.
- Make sure that no lump is formed while stirring.
- Leave the pan on the flame for 2 minutes for the mixture to boil.
- Now add rest of the semolina to the mixture and lower the flame.
- Stir it properly. Now transfer the mixture from pan to a flat plate.
- Knead to make smooth dough by adding 1 tablespoon of refined oil and water if needed.
- The refined oil prevents formation of lumps.
- For Stuffing
- Roast black pepper and cardamom and then powder them.
- Fry grated coconut, Paneer and sugar/jaggery in a frying pan. Do not add oil.
- Add the powdered ingredients to it and stir. The stuffing is ready.
- Make small balls of the dough.
- Flatten each ball and put the stuffing on it and again form a ball so that the stuffing remains at the center.
- Heat the oil in the pan and fry the balls till it becomes golden brown.
- Yummy Chhana Manda is ready .
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 775g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1405||64%|
|Total Fat 159.22g||199%|
|Saturated Fat 27.68g||111%|
|Trans Fat 1.04g|
|Total Carbs 184.54g||49%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.1g||20%|