Cost per recipe $6.21 view details
- 1/2 c. Unsalted butter 125 mL
- 1 c. Sugar 250 mL
- 1 x Egg 1
- 1/4 c. Molasses 50 mL
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. Coffee 20 mL
- 1 tsp Cinnamon 5 mL
- 1 tsp Ginger 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp Cloves 2 mL
- 1 tsp Baking soda 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp Salt 1 mL
- 2 c. All-purpose flour 500 mL
- 1/2 c. Raisins 125 mL
- 1/2 c. Minced dry apricots 125 mL
- 1/4 c. Minced candied ginger 50 mL
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar 25 mL
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter with sugar till light. Beat in egg, molasses and coffee, mixing well between additions.
- Mix or possibly sift dry ingredients together. Stir into batter. Fold in fruit.
- Knead batter into a ball and divide into 8 equal pcs. Roll each piece into a log about 1"/2.5 cm in diameter and about 16" long.
- Place on cookie sheets and press flat. Bake 9 to 10 min - cookies should still be soft. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Cut about 1
- "/2.5 cm wide slices on the diagonal - you will get about 8 cookies per strip.
- NOTES : These delicious cookies are from Bonnie Sterns revised Desserts book.
- This recipes yields about 64 cookies.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 927g|
|Calories from Fat 879||27%|
|Total Fat 100.06g||125%|
|Saturated Fat 60.27g||241%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 559.67g||149%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.5g||45%|