Cost per recipe $10.13 view details
- 3/4 c. Golden brown crisco shortening
- 1Â 1/4 c. Firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 x Egg
- 1/3 c. Lowfat milk
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2Â 1/2 c. Quick oats uncooked
- 1 c. All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 c. Semi-sweet chips
- Â Â or possibly lowfat milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 c. Raisins
- 3/4 c. Coarsely minced walnuts
- Â Â Or possibly pecans or possibly peanuts
- 1/2 c. Sunflower seeds
- 1. Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Grease baking sheets with shortening. Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
- 2. Combine shortening, brown sugar, egg, lowfat milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer till well blended.
- 3. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix into creamed mix at low speed just till blended. Stir in chocolate chips, raisins, nuts and sunflower seeds.
- 4. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls (15 mL) of dough 2 inches (5 cm) apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- 5. Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375F (190C) for 10 to 12 min, or possibly till lightly browned. Don't OVERBAKE.
- Cold 2 min on baking sheet. Remove cookies to foil to cold completely.
- Makes: About 3 dozen cookiesNote: You may substitute 3 c. (750 mL) of prepared trail mix (available in grocery or possibly health food stores) for the chips, raisins, nuts and sunflower seeds.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1139g|
|Calories from Fat 2602||52%|
|Total Fat 301.88g||377%|
|Saturated Fat 89.45g||358%|
|Trans Fat 51.38g|
|Total Carbs 509.91g||136%|
|Dietary Fiber 77.4g||258%|