Cost per serving $1.68 view details
- 1 c. Margarine or possibly butter, softened
- 1Â 1/4 c. Firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. Granulated sugar
- 2 x Large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Lowfat milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 c. All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt, (optional)
- 2Â 1/2 c. Quaker oats , quick or possibly old-fashioned, (uncooked)
- 12 ounce Semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. Coarsely minced nuts, (optional)
- 1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2. Beat together margarine and sugars till creamy. Add in Large eggs, lowfat milk, and vanilla. Add in combined flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and nuts; mix well.
- 3. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- 4. bake 9-10 min for a chewy cookie or possibly 12-13 min for a crisp cookie
- 5. cold 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cold completely.
- Store tightly covered
- Variations:Touchdown cookies: Drop dough by 1/4 measuring cupfuls about 4 inches apart onto cookie sheets. Spread into football shapes. Bake at 350 degrees F for 13-15 min or possibly till light brown. Frost cooled cookies with chocolate frosting. make laces with white decorating icing. (2 dozen)
- Candy bars: Prepare cookie dough as directed, substituting 1 c. M&M's for 1 c of chocolate chips. Spread dough onto bottom of ungreased 13x9 in. baking pan. Bake 30-35 min or possibly till golden. Cold completely; cut into bars (36 bars)
- Smile Cookies: bake and cold cookies as directed. draw smiling faces with decorating icing.
- Double chocolate sandwich minis: drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Bake 7-8 min or possibly till light golden. Cold. Spread chocolate frosting on bottom side of one cookie; top with second cookie to make a sandwich.
- P.B. & Chocolate Chippers: Prepare cookies as directed, substituting peanut butter baking pcs for half of the chocolate pcs (about 5 dozen)
- Double dippers: Bake and cold cookies as directed. Heat 2 c. (12 ounce)
- chocolate chips according to package directions. Dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate; gently shake to remove excess. Place on waxed paper till set. (about 5 dozen)
- Caramel -Apple cookie sundaes: Prepare cookies as directed, substituting 1 c. minced dry apples and 1/2 c. minced peanuts for chocolate chips.
- Crumble one cookie in dessert dish; top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a spoonful of caramel ice cream topping, and a second crumbled cookie.
- Snowflake cookies: Prepare cookie dough as directed, substituting vanilla-flavored white baking pcs for the chocolate pcs. Drop bu rounded tsp. onto cookie sheets. Bake 7 to 8 min or possibly till edges are light golden.
- Two-tone oat chippers: Prepare cookies as directed, substituting vanilla-flavored baking pcs for half of the chocolate pcs.
- "Hats off" bars: Spread cookie dough into bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2 pan. Bake 30 to 35 min or possibly till golden. Cold; cut into squares.
- Decorate with round candy pcs and purchased decorating icing to look like mortarboards.
- Papa bear's cookie sundaes: Drop cookie dough by 1/4 measuring cupfuls about 4 inches apart onto cookie sheet; spread to 3-1/2 inch diameter. Bake at 350 for 13-15 min or possibly till edges are light golden. Top each cooled cookie with a scoop of ice cream, topping and sprinkles.
- Rainbow cookies: Drop dough onto cookie sheet; decorate with multicolored candy sprinkles. Bake as directed.
- Cookie bouquets: Drop cookie dough by 1/4 measuring cupfuls about 4 inches apart onto cookie
- continued in part 2
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 334g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 671||45%|
|Total Fat 76.18g||95%|
|Saturated Fat 22.56g||90%|
|Trans Fat 6.76g|
|Total Carbs 187.72g||50%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.9g||33%|