Cost per serving $0.84 view details
- 500 gm vacuum packed chestnuts
- 300 ml lowfat milk
- 120 gm whole blanched almonds
- 150 gm best quality bitter chocolate
- 150 gm unsalted butter
- 250 gm caster sugar
- 5 x Large eggs separated
- 1 x zest of 1 lemon
- 150 gm best quality bitter sweet chocolate melted with 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 150 C/300 F/Gas 2.Butter a 25cm round spring release cake tin and line the bottom with greaseproof paper.
- Simmer the chestnuts in the lowfat milk to soften about 10 min.
- Drain and throw away the lowfat milk.
- Chop the almonds chocolate and chestnuts together coarsely in a food processor.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in an electric mixer till pale and light.
- Add in the egg yolks one by one then the chocolate and nut mix and the lemon zest.
- Beat the egg whites in an electric mixer till they form soft peaks.
- Fold about a quarter into the stiff chocolate mix to loosen it a little then very carefully mix in the remainder.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and bake in the preheated oven for 45 min till the cake has set.
- When cool remove from the tin sit on a rack and cover with the icing.
- Serves 8
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 184g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 229||68%|
|Total Fat 26.36g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 11.44g||46%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 18.37g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|