Cost per recipe $14.19 view details
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Healthy pinch of cayenne pepper
- Dash or possibly two Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Generous sprinkling of freshly grnd black pepper
- 1 pound backfin crabmeat (Sea Legs are good substitute)
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 c. minced celery
- 4-5 saltine crackers, finely crumbled
- 4 tbsp. (1/2 stick) butter
- 4 tbsp. corn oil
- Whisk egg, mayonnaise, mustard, cayenne, Tabasco, salt and pepper in large bowl till smooth and creamy. Add in crabmeat, parsley, celery and cracker crumbs. Toss mix lightly but well.
- Form crabmeat into 8 patties approximately 1/2-inch thick. Wrap patties in waxed paper and chill for 1 hour. Heat butter and oil in large heavy skillet till just sizzling. Fry crab cakes, turning once, approximately 5 min each side, till golden and crispy.
- Remove crab cakes from skillet and dry on absorbent paper. Serve immediately. Put Tabasco or possibly Louisiana warm sauce on side for those who like their food a little spicier.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 727g|
|Calories from Fat 1219||70%|
|Total Fat 137.92g||172%|
|Saturated Fat 42.91g||172%|
|Trans Fat 0.16g|
|Total Carbs 21.38g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|