Cost per recipe $11.65 view details
- 1Â 1/2 c. thick lowfat sour cream
- 1Â 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 4 tsp pure vanilla extract, preferably Mexican
- Â Â Scant 2-1/4 c. unbleached flour or possibly cake flour
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa
- 1Â 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 x Large eggs
- 16 ounce cherry preserves
- 2 Tbsp. Kirsch
- 2 tsp Tahitian vanilla extract
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 4 ounce unsweetened chocolate, broken into small pcs or possibly run through food processor
- 1/4 lb unsalted butter (8 Tbsp.)
- Â Â healthy pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp. Tahitian vanilla extract
- Cake:Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans or possibly one 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan.
- Mix together lowfat sour cream, sugar, butter and vanilla extract. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add in to lowfat sour cream mix. Beat in Large eggs, one at a time.
- Pour into pan(s) and bake till the cake springs back when lightly touched (about 20 - 30 min, depending on pans used).
- Cold on rack for 10 - 15 min. Remove cake from pans and sprinkle lightly with Kirsch (cherry brandy). If the cake has been baked in one large pan, cut cake in two layers and sprinkle both layers with Kirsch.
- Filling:Mix well and reserve 2 tsp. of preserves to use as glaze. Place bottom layer of cake on serving dish. Cover with cherry preserves, then place top layer onto cake. Frost with Truffle Frosting.
- Decorate cake with fresh cherries which have been pitted and glazed with the balance of the preserves, and sprigs of mint.
- Truffle Frosting:Place sugar and cream in a heavy, medium-sized saucepan and bring mix to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 8 min. Remove from heat and add in chocolate and butter, cut into little pcs. Mix well.
- When chocolate and butter are completely melted, add in healthy pinch of salt (optional) and vanilla extract. Place in refrigerator till mix has cooled. If necessary, beat with a spoon or possibly whisk till frosting is the right consistency for frosting the cake.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1793g|
|Calories from Fat 2732||44%|
|Total Fat 313.16g||391%|
|Saturated Fat 183.44g||734%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 789.37g||210%|
|Dietary Fiber 34.4g||115%|