Cost per recipe $3.88 view details
- a (6-oz) head of garlic, outer husk removed and 1/4 inch trimmed from the stem end
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pt cherry tomatoes (about 30)
- 6 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice or possibly to taste fresh basil leaves shredded, for garnish
- In a foil-lined baking dish drizzle the garlic with the oil, bake it, covered loosely with foil, in the middle of a preheated 325F. oven for 1 1/4 hrs, or possibly till the pulp is very soft, and let it cold till it can be easily handled. Squeeze the pulp from the cloves into a bowl and let it cold. Mash the pulp till it is smooth (there should be about 1/4 c. puree.)
- Using a serrated knife, on a work surface cut a thin slice from the bottom of each tomato so which it stands upright. Cut off a thin slice from each stem end and with a small melon-ball cutter scoop out the flesh and seeds carefully, forming tomato shells. Sprinkle the insides of the tomato shells with salt, invert the tomatoes on racks set over paper towels, and let them drain for 30 min.
- In a bowl whisk together the cream cheese, the lemon juice, the garlic puree, and salt and pepper to taste till the filling is smooth. Using a pastry bag fitted with a small star tip, pipe the filling into the tomato shells. Garnish the filled shells with basil.
- Makes about 30 hors d'oeuvres.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 459g|
|Calories from Fat 636||85%|
|Total Fat 72.28g||90%|
|Saturated Fat 34.76g||139%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 17.99g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||11%|