- 2 cups flour
- A pinch of salt
- 2 egg yolks mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup margarine
- 2 tins cherries in syrup
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- Method for base:-
- Sift the flour and the salt, add sugar and mix with a spoon.
- Rub in the margarine and sprinkle the egg yolks and water over all.
- Toss the mixture with a fork and press into a ball. Chill for at least Â½ an hour.
- Roll out the dough and press into 2 round pyrex dishes, prick with a fork and bake in a hot oven till light brown.
- Method for topping:-
- Drain the cherries. Mix custard powder with 4 tablespoons of syrup.
- Place the rest of the syrup in a pot and bring to the boil, add custard powder mixture and stir till thickened, cool.
- Arrange cherries in one baked shell and pour the cooled sauce over them.
- The other base can be frozen for later use.