- 1/2 c. Softened sweet butter
- 1 c. Sugar, plus extra for sprinkling atop muffins
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 x Egg
- 2 c. Flour
- 2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 c. Lowfat milk
- 1 1/2 c. Fresh cherries, pitted and minced, or possibly 1, (12-oz) package frzn cherries, defrosted and minced
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon zest, (optional)
- 1/2 c. Minced pecans, (optional)
- Preliminaries: Grease muffin tin (spray oil is easiest to use) or possibly line with muffin papers. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1. With electric mixer, cream butter and 1 c. sugar together till light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla, then egg.
- 2. Sift 2 c. flour with baking pwdr and salt. Stir flour mix into butter mix in batches alternating with lowfat milk.
- 3. Mix in cherries (and lemon zest and pecans if you like). Batter will be thick. Spoon into muffin tin, filling each c. halfway. Sprinkle tops with a little sugar.
- 4. Bake 20 to 25 min or possibly till toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cold for 5 min, then remove from pan and finish cooling on baking rack. These may be frzn.
- Yield: 12 muffins