Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Cost per serving $0.46 view details
- 4 lg. portobello mushroom caps
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 c. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 c. fresh, finely chopped spinach
- 1/4 c. freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sm. onion, minced (use half of the onion)
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 c. marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place mushroom caps, gill-side up, on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Roast until tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend ricotta cheese, spinach, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, half of the minced garlic and half of the minced onion in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place the marinara sauce in a small pot with the remaining minced garlic and onions. Season with garlic salt. Heat on low until heated through.
- When the mushroom caps are tender, carefully pour out any liquid in the caps. Return the caps to the baking sheet, gill-side up. Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce into each mushroom cap; cover the remaining sauce and keep warm. Mound a generous 1/3 ricotta/spinach filling into each mushroom cap. Bake until hot, about 10 minutes. Serve with remaining sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 177g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 45||33%|
|Total Fat 5.04g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2.23g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.09g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||11%|