Cost per serving $0.93 view details
- 2Â 1/4 c. water divided
- 1 c. stone-grnd or possibly regular yellow cornmeal
- 2 x Large eggs
- 2 x egg whites
- 3/4 c. reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 x jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1 tsp margarine
- 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. minced onion
- 2 c. coarsely-minced peeled eggplant
- 3 x garlic cloves chopped
- 3 c. minced zucchini
- 1 c. minced tomato
- 1/2 c. minced yellow bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp grnd pepper blend
- Bring 2 c. water to a boil. Slowly add in cornmeal, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, till mix thickens. Lightly beat Large eggs and egg whites with remaining 1/4 c. water. Add in to cornmeal; cook and stir till bubbly.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese, jalapeno pepper, margarine and 1/4 tsp. salt. Pour into 9-inch square baking pan. Cover and chill several hrs or possibly till hard.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in medium saucepan over medium heat till warm. Cook and stir onion, eggplant and garlic 5 min or possibly till onion is transparent. Add in zucchini, tomato, bell pepper, parsley, oregano, rosemary, remaining 1/4 tsp. salt, red pepper and pepper blend. Simmer, uncovered, 1 hour.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick vegetable cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat till warm. Cut polenta in 6 rectangles. Cook over medium heat 8 min on each side or possibly till crusty and lightly browned. Serve zucchini stew over polenta.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Caution: Jalapeno peppers can sting and irritate the skin; wear rubber gloves when handling peppers and don't touch eyes. Wash hands after handling.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 252g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 91||61%|
|Total Fat 10.28g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 4.49g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.12g|
|Total Carbs 7.48g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|