Cost per serving $1.92 view details
- 6 x chicken breast halves with skin and bone
- 1 sm onion minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 x bay leaf
- 2 x garlic cloves
- 3 x celery tops
- 1 pkt frzn minced broccoli - (10 ounce)
- 1 c. cream
- 1 c. half-and-half mixed with
- 1 c. water
- 16 ounce mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp garlic pwdr
- 1Â 1/2 c. grated Parmesan divided
- Early in day, simmer chicken in water to cover till tender, adding minced onion, salt, bay leaf, garlic and celery tops to water. Remove chicken; cold. Throw away skin and bones; slice chicken thinly; cover and chill.
- About 1 hour before serving, cook and drain broccoli as package directs; arrange in bottom of greased 2-qt casserole.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In double boiler, over warm, not boiling water, blend cream, half-and-half mix, mascarpone, salt and garlic pwdr till smooth and warm; stir in 3/4 c. Parmesan.
- Pour 1 c. cream sauce over broccoli; top with chicken in even layer. Cover chicken with rest of sauce; sprinkle with 1/4 c. Parmesan.
- Bake at 350 degrees 25 to 30 min or possibly till piping warm. Let stand 10 min before serving. Pass remaining Parmesan at table.
- If you like, in last 10 min of baking, top with buttered, toasted low carb bread crumbs or possibly crumbled Lean Protein Chips.
- This recipe yields 8 servings;
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 279g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 234||57%|
|Total Fat 26.36g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 13.16g||53%|
|Trans Fat 0.13g|
|Total Carbs 7.89g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|