Cost per recipe $2.11 view details
- 2/3 c. water
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil or possibly extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic pwdr
- 1/2 Tbsp. chili pwdr
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 c. bread flour
- 1Â 1/2 tsp yeast Additional ingredients:
- 3/4 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. shredded Monterey Jack w/jalapenoes
- 1 sm green onion with stem thinly sliced
- Select dough cycle. When complete, punch dough down by starting bread machine, let stir a few seconds, then stop machine. Place dough on lightly floured work surface and let rest 5 - 10 min. Roll dough into a rectangle (about 9x15). Place cheeses over long half of rectangle. Sprinkle with onion, if you like. (I intended to use both onion and chopped jalapeno, but didn't want it too spicy for guests. Also, you can use any combination of cheeses, just do not over-fill.) Fold dough over cheese and healthy pinch edges to seal.
- Place dough on large baking sheet lined with parchment paper, or possibly well greased pan. Cover and let rise about 20 min. Bake in preheated 400F oven for 10 min, reduce heat to 350F and continue baking another 10 min. Slide parchment with bread onto wire rack and let cold about 15 min. Slice into 1-inch pcs and serve hot.
- This can be prepared in advance. Before allowing loaf to rise, cover with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray. Chill up to 10 hrs. Remove from refrigerator and let reach room temperature, covered, about 2 hrs. Bake as directed.
- NOTES : Here's one I served my guests last night/this morning with my traditional midnight black-eye peas:
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 559g|
|Calories from Fat 417||28%|
|Total Fat 47.6g||60%|
|Saturated Fat 19.72g||79%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 211.96g||57%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.4g||31%|