Cost per recipe $27.29 view details
- 1 x portobello mushroom cap - (5" to 6" dia) stem removed
- 1Â 1/4 ounce canola oil
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1 tsp savory herb mix
- 7 ounce angel hair pasta
- 2 ounce extra virgin olive oil blend
- 1 Tbsp. chopped blanched garlic
- 1 Tbsp. shallots chopped
- 1 ounce shiitake mushrooms - (to 1 1/2) sliced 1/4" by 2"
- 4 ounce marsala wine
- 1 ounce cream
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley minced
- 1/2 ounce Parmesan/Romano mix
- 1 ounce butter
- 1/4 ounce Parmesan/Romano mix
- 1Â 1/2 tsp balsamic glaze
- Carefully make a series of thin incisions ("gill like slits") proportionately across the top of the mushroom cap (approximately 4 to 6). Brush canola oil on both sides of the mushroom cap. Place mushroom, stem-side down, onto the charbroiler and cook for 1 minute. Turn the mushroom 45 degrees and repeat to "mark" and prevent burning. Continue to cook for 1 more minute.
- Turn the mushroom over, season with salt and pepper and fresh herbs. Cook for another minute, then rotate 45 degrees and repeat the "marking" process. Cook the mushroom till it is warm throughout and soft to the touch. When the mushroom is done, cut into 1/4- by 2-inch strips.
- Cook angel hair pasta till "al dente" then drain well.
- In a saute/fry pan, heat extra virgin olive oil to a "sizzle". Add in garlic and shallots and toss. Add in the shiitake mushrooms, regular mushrooms and salt and pepper. Toss and cook till mushrooms are tender and heated through. Add in marsala wine, cream, thyme, parsley and Parmesan/Romano mix to the mushroom mix. Stir to incorporate. When the sauce has slightly thickened, swirl in the butter.
- Add in pasta and toss. Place pasta in a bowl. Sprinkle parmesan/romano mix over the pasta. Mound the mushroom slices (centered) on top of the pasta. Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the pasta and Portobello mushroom slices. Garnish with minced parsley, sprinkled proportionately over the pasta Portobello mushroom slices.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 558g|
|Calories from Fat 641||39%|
|Total Fat 72.85g||91%|
|Saturated Fat 24.73g||99%|
|Trans Fat 0.14g|
|Total Carbs 177.27g||47%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.7g||32%|