I came up with this because it is my favorite dish there and I didnt find any recipe online. So I pieced together my own and over time I believe I have it or very close to it. I hope you enjoy
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 tsp flour
- 2 Tbsp OLIVE OIL
- 1 Cup Freshly grated Cotija Cheese
- 1 bunch chopped green onion
- 1 bunch of asparagus (fresh is preferred)
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 box (16 oz) of penne pasta
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Yellow pepper
- 8 TBLS Chipolte enchilada sauce
- 1 Cup freshly grated parmesean
- 1 tbsp diced green chilis
- 2-4 tsp of chipolte chile seasoning
- 2-4 shakes of cayenne
- 1 pack fresh cilantro (optional)
- tortilla strips (optional)
- In Large pan cook penne pasta as recommended. In another medium size pan cook on medium high heat heavy cream, melted butter, flour, cayenne, and chipolte sauce.
- Wisk together vigorously for about 2 min or until sauce is consistent. Add Cotija cheese and diced green chilies. wisk together and let simmer for about
- 10 min. Taste a sample to see if it is spicy enough... if not add more cayenne and chipolte seasoning. let it set on low heat until done with the rest of food.
- After pasta is finished boiling drain and put in a Large bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup of Parmesan to warm pasta...mix and let it set.
- Cook your chicken...I grill mine with a small bit of fajita seasoning. Then cut up in small pieces and put in pasta bowl.
- Cut up your peppers, onion, and asparagus. Heat in a large sauce pan enough olive oil to coat bottom of pan. Add all your veggies. Heat on medium high. Add
- more oil as needed to cook veggies. Put top on sauce pan and stir occasionally. Let cook until veggies are nice and tender.
- Now add pasta sauce with pasta and chicken. Add veggies in small proportions until texture is the way you like.
- Time to serve...I added cilantro on top with tortilla chip strips. It was perfectly good!
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 191g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 227||44%|
|Total Fat 25.77g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 12.49g||50%|
|Trans Fat 0.05g|
|Total Carbs 50.58g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||11%|