Cost per serving $0.66 view details
- 1 x tuna steak - (abt 6 ounce) see * Note
- 1 pkt refrigerated reduced-fat
- Â Â cheese tortellini - (9 ounce)
- Â Â Nonstick cooking spray as needed
- 1 c. finely-minced red bell pepper
- 1 c. finely-minced green bell pepper
- 1/4 c. finely-minced onion
- 3/4 tsp fennel seeds crushed
- 1/2 c. evaporated skimmed lowfat milk
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- * Note: Substitute 1 (6-oz) can tuna packed in water, liquid removed, for tuna steak. Omit step 1.
- Grill or possibly broil tuna 4 inches from heat source till fish just begins to flake, about 7 to 9 min, turning once. Remove and throw away skin. Cut tuna into chunks; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain; set aside.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add in bell peppers, onion and fennel seeds; cook over medium heat till crisp-tender.
- Whisk together lowfat milk, flour, mustard and black pepper in small bowl till smooth; add in to skillet. Cook till thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in tuna and pasta; reduce heat to low and simmer till heated through, about 3 min. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: Cheese tortellini and tuna both provide good sources of protein. Add in a green salad to complete this delicious meal.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 100g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 9||18%|
|Total Fat 1.0g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.32g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.37g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|