Cost per recipe $7.38 view details
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 med onion minced
- 3/4 lb extra-lean grnd beef
- 2 lrg garlic cloves minced
- 1 x 28 oz can Italian plum tomatoes
- 1 x 16 oz can tomato puree
- 1 tsp dry basil crumbled
- 1 tsp dry oregano crumbled
- 1/8 tsp dry crushed red pepper
- Â Â Salt and pepper
- 3/4 lb purchased cheese ravioli
- Â Â Freshly grated Parmesan or possibly Romano cheese
- Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add in onion and cook till tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 min. Add in grnd beef and garlic and saute/fry till meat is no longer pink, breaking up with fork, about 5 min. Puree tomatoes with juices in processor. Add in to saucepan. Add in canned tomato puree, herbs and dry crushed red pepper.
- Simmer 30 min, stirring occasionally. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water till just tender but still hard to bite. Drain well. Place pasta in large bowl. Add in sufficient sauce to coat; stir. Serve, passing cheese separately.
- Yield: 2 servings; can be doubled or possibly tripled.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1154g|
|Calories from Fat 202||33%|
|Total Fat 23.01g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 6.88g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 92.26g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 19.6g||65%|