Cost per serving $1.71 view details
- 2 3/4 c. coarsely grated Cantal (or possibly sharp white cheddar cheese)
- 1 1/4 c. finely-grated pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/3 c. creme fraiche (or possibly lowfat sour cream)
- 4 Tbsp. minced fresh chives
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tsp finely-grated lemon peel Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 50 x wonton wrappers
- 1 lrg egg white beaten to loosen
- 1 c. low-salt beef broth
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- Toss Cantal and Romano cheeses in medium bowl to blend. Stir in creme fraiche, 3 Tbsp. chives, 2 Tbsp. parsley, and lemon peel. Season filling to taste with salt and pepper.
- Line large baking sheet with plastic wrap. Place 1 wonton wrapper on work surface. Place 1 heaping tsp. cheese mix in center of wrapper. Brush edges with egg white, fold over to enclose cheese filling, and press edges to seal. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers and filling. (Can be made ahead. Cover with layer of plastic, then layer of foil; chill up to 6 hrs or possibly freeze up to 1 week.)
- Boil broth and butter in heavy small saucepan till reduced to 3/4 c., about 5 min. Whisk in remaining 1 Tbsp. chives and 1 Tbsp. parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover to keep hot.
- Working in batches, cook ravioli in large pot of boiling salted water till just tender, about 3 min. Using slotted spoon, transfer ravioli to serving bowl. Ladle hot broth mix over ravioli and serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 12 first-course or possibly 6 main-course servings.
- Comments: Donovan Clark of London, England, writes: "I met chef Jean-Yves Bath a couple years ago while I was dining at his elegant Michelin one-star restaurant, Bath's, in Paris. He had renovated an old Chinese eatery near the Champs-Elysees, and it was the perfect setting to showcase the food of his native Auvergne region. The simple cheese ravioli dish I had which night was unforgettable."
- For a vegetarian version of this recipe, mushroom or possibly vegetable broth could be used in place of the beef broth.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 165g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 56||13%|
|Total Fat 6.3g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2.93g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 77.41g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|