Chickpea flour stars in these moist and savoury muffins. Maple syrup ham and aged cheddar blend perfectly with yogurt to realize incredibly tasty baked treats.
For a dedicated post about this recipe, please refer to: http://www.foodessa.com/2011/04/cheese-ham-chickpea-yogurt-muffin.html
- . > (American / Metric measures) <
- . DRY mix:
- . 1-1/2 cups (190gr) fine chickpea flour (Indian variety) *
- . 1/2 cup (65gr) sweet sorghum white flour *
- . 1/2 cup (60gr) tapioca flour *
- . 2 tsp. (10ml) baking powder
- . 1 tsp. (7.5ml) baking soda
- . 1-1/2 tsp. (7.5ml) sea salt
- . 1/4 cup (60gr) organic sugar
- . 1/2 cup (70gr) roasted almonds (coarsely chopped)
- . 1 cup (175gr) maple syrup ham (cubed small)
- . 2 cups (200gr) aged cheddar cheese (shredded)
- . Seasonings: 1/4 tsp. (1ml) each of garlic powder, basil, tarragon and oregano (or marjoram)
- . WETmix:
- . 2 large eggs
- . 1/4 cup (55ml) olive oil
- . 1/4 cup (55ml) vegetable oil
- . 1 cup (240ml) plain yogurt (at least 2% fat)
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) Worcestershire sauce
- . 1 tbsp. (15ml) Dijon mustard
- . sprinkle of Hungarian Paprika (optional)
- . 12 paper cupcake liners (optional)
- . vegetable oil spray
- . * All-purpose and/or Whole Wheat flour can also be used..HOWEVER only for a total of 2 cups (300gr).
- . Pre-heat oven at 350F/180C/Gas 4...Position rack at the bottom of the oven. Prepare a muffin pan with paper liners...although optional. Note: oil spray will be used only right before spooning in the batter.
- . DRYmix: In a large bowl...whisk together all the dry ingredients, including coating the ham, cheese and nuts with the flour and make a center well. Set aside.
- . WET mix: In a medium bowl, combine all the wet ingredients . Blend until well combined. Now, add this mix into the dry ingredients. Combine until there is no appearance of flour. Do not over mix the batter. Set aside.
- . BAKING: Spray a very generous spot of oil into every paper liner or bare muffin tray. Fill them evenly to the top with the batter in order to achieve muffin caps. Bake them for about 26 minutes in a dark muffin pan and 24 minutes in a lighter tray. When you take them out, do NOT wait longer than 5 minutes to extract them out of their molds. Yes, they will still be hot, but not unmanageable. This will stop the muffin from over baking and will keep the liners from sticking too much to the muffin. When ready to peel the cupcake paper liners, be patiently gentle.
- . STORING and re-warming: If not planning to eat the muffins within the next two days...it's best to freeze them with their paper liners up to 1 months time is fine. When re-warming the frozen muffins, keep the paper liners on. Set the oven on very low (250F/120C/Gas1) and slowly thaw and warm onto an oven tray for about 20 minutes.
- . Happy baking and flavourful wishes...FOODESSA.com
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 0g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|