Chickpea flour stars in these moist and savoury muffins. Maple syrup ham and aged cheddar blend perfectly with yogurt to realize incredibly tasty baked treats. NO electric mixer required ;o)
For a dedicated post refer to: http://www.foodessa.com/2011/04/cheese-ham-chickpea-yogurt-muffin.html
- . > (American / Metric measures) <
- . DRY MIX:
- . 2 cups (255g) fine Chickpea flour (Indian variety)
- . 1/2 cup (60g) Arrowroot starch (or Tapioca starch)
- . 2 tsps. (10ml) baking powder (GF)
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) baking soda
- . 1/8 cup (25g) organic sugar
- . 1/2 cup (70g) roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- . 1 cup (175g) cooked ham (cubed small)
- . 1-1/2 cups (150g) aged cheddar cheese, shredded
- . > Seasonings:
- . 1-1/2 tsps. (7.5ml) sea salt
- . 1/4 tsp. (1ml) granulated garlic powder
- . 1/4 tsp. (1ml) each dried herb: basil, marjoram, tarragon
- . > WET MIX: (use a volume measuring cup for the following)
- . 2 large eggs
- . 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- . 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- . 1 cup (240ml) plain yogurt (Greek style)
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) Worcestershire sauce
- . 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Dijon mustard
- . 1 Tbsp. (15ml) apple cider vinegar
- . sprinkle of Hungarian Paprika (optional)
- . 12 paper cupcake liners
- . vegetable oil spray
- . Pre-heat oven at 350F/180C/Gas 4. Position rack: 2nd level from the bottom of the oven. Prepare a muffin pan with paper liners. Note: oil spray will be used only right before spooning in the batter.
- . DRYmix: In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients. Coat the ham and cheese properly before making a well in the center. Set aside.
- . WET mix: In a medium bowl, combine all the wet ingredients . Blend until well combined.
- . ASSEMBLY: Add the wet mix into the dry ingredients. Combine until there is no appearance of flour. Do not over mix the batter. Spray a very generous spot of oil into every paper liner. Fill them evenly to the very top with the batter in order to achieve muffin caps.
- . BAKE them for about 28 minutes in a dark muffin pan and 26 minutes in a lighter tray. When you take them out, do NOT wait longer than 5 minutes to extract them out of their cavities. Yes, they will still be hot, but not unmanageable. This will stop the muffin from over baking and will keep the liners from sticking too much to the muffin. When ready to peel the cupcake paper liners, be patiently gentle.
- . > Storing and re-warming: If not planning to eat the muffins within the next two days...it's best to freeze them with their paper liners up to 1 months time is fine. When re-warming the frozen muffins, keep the paper liners on. Set the oven on very low (250F/120C/Gas1) and slowly thaw and warm onto an oven tray for about 20 minutes.
- . Flavourful wishes from Claudia's kitchen...FOODESSA.com
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 0g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|