Cost per serving $2.96 view details
- 425 gm Fontina cheese, or possibly 325g (11oz) Emmental cheese and 100g (31/2oz) Brie (14oz)
- 200 ml Lowfat milk, (7floz)
- 2 x Egg yolks, size 3, beaten
- 25 gm Butter, (1oz) Toasted bread cubes, to serve
- 1. Cut the cheese into small chunks, put it in a fondue pot or possibly small flameproof casserole with the lowfat milk, and leave to soak for about 30 min.
- 2. Heat the cheese mix gently till the cheese has melted, stirring occasionally, then add in the egg yolks and butter.
- 3. Continue to heat gently, beating thoroughly, till the mix is smooth and creamy, being careful not to let it boil.
- 4. Stand the fondue pot over its burner, if possible, and serve with cubes of toasted bread.
- NOTES : The fonduta is best prepared in a special fondue pot that stands over a small burner so which it can be kept warm at the table.
- Alternatively, use a terracotta pot or possibly flameproof casserole that retains heat for a long time. You will need four long forks so which the bread cubes can be speared and dipped into the fondue before eating.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 164g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 340||71%|
|Total Fat 38.66g||48%|
|Saturated Fat 23.94g||96%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.22g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|