Cost per serving $0.74 view details
- For scones:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) cold unsalted butter
- 6 ounces coarsely grated extra-sharp Cheddar (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- For Honey Mustard Butter:
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons coarse-grained mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- For Sandwiches:
- 6 large soft-leafed lettuce leaves such as Bibb
- 1/2 pound very thinly sliced cooked ham (preferably Black Forest)
- Preheat oven to 425Â°F. and butter a large baking sheet.
- Make scones:
- Into a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut butter into small bits and with your fingertips or a pastry blender blend into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse meal. With a fork stir in Cheddar. Add milk and cream, stirring until just combined. Transfer mixture to a floured surface and with floured hands knead until it forms a dough. Roll out dough into a 12-inch round (about 1/2 inch thick). Using a 2-inch fluted round cutter cut out scones and arrange about 1/2 inch apart on baking sheet. Gather and gently reroll scraps. Cut out more scones and arrange on baking sheet.
- Bake scones in middle of oven until pale golden, about 12 minutes, and transfer to a rack to cool. Scones may be made 1 day ahead and kept in an airtight container at cool room temperature.
- In a small bowl stir together butter, mustard and honey. Tear each lettuce leaf into 4 pieces. Split scones and spread each split side with honey-mustard butter. Make sandwiches with scones, lettuce, and folded slices of ham.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 114g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 176||48%|
|Total Fat 20.04g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 12.02g||48%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 37.37g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|