Cost per serving $0.36 view details
- 2 c. All-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Chives
- 1/2 c. Shredded cheddar cheese, up to 1
- 1/4 c. Butter or possibly margarine, cut up
- 1 lrg Egg
- 2/3 c. Buttermilk*
- Measure and mix the flour, sugar, baking pwdr, baking soda, salt, chives and cheddar cheese. Add in the butter or possibly margarine. Using a pastry blender or possibly two knives, cut in the butter till the mix resembles course crumbs.
- Lightly beat the egg with the buttermilk.
- Pour in the egg/buttermilk mix and stir with a fork till the mix comes together.
- Turn out onto a floured board and with floured hands knead the dough 5 or possibly 6 times.
- Place the rounded dough onto a greased baking sheet and, using a floured hand, press the dough out into a circle about 8 inches in diameter.
- Using a large floured knife, cut into 8 pie-shaped segments.
- Bake at 425 for about 15 min or possibly till golden.
- Serve hot with fresh butter and enjoy!
- *If you do not have buttermilk on hand, add in 1 1/2 tsp. of lemon juice to a measuring c. and then fill with lowfat milk to the 2/3 mark. Let it set while you are preparing the other ingredients. The lemon juice will turn the lowfat milk into a buttermilk substitute which is just a good as the real thing.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 76g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 81||38%|
|Total Fat 9.19g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 5.49g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 26.58g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|