This is one of those easy desserts that takes about 10 minutes to make and is wonderful.
The only drawback of this dessert is that you can't make it in advance,
One of the main ingredients in this dessert is sugared almonds, but they are not always all that easy to find, so be adventurous and play around with other sweetened nuts, particularly the caramelized options.You can even substitute sugared almonds with sweet peanuts or nuts covered in dark chocolate.
For those who struggle to find marsala, wine you can use fortified wine such as port, sherry, jerepigo and hanepoot as substitute although marsala does add a rather special flavour to the dessert.
This recipe found in a Henrie Geyser blog
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine
- 260g mascarpone cheese
- 125ml cup thickened cream, whipped well
- Â½ cup sugared almonds, coarsely crunched or chopped
- 250ml smooth runny honey (warm the jar in warm water before using to make it easier to pour)
- 8 sponge finger biscuits
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and divide into four individual dessert glasses or bowls.
- Serve with the finger biscuits.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 39g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 54||73%|
|Total Fat 6.12g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3.81g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.17g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|