Charred Shrimp Lettuce Wrap With Pink Grapefruit, Thai Basil, Caramel And Scented Soy Recipe
Cost per recipe $6.46 view details
- 2 x shrimp, peeled, de-veined extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. thinly sliced jicama
- 1 sm leaf Boston lettuce
- 4 x 3 inch chives
- 2 x fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1 x section pink grapefruit, pith, removed Caramel and Soy Glaze
- 3/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 4 x 1 1/2 inch strips rind of orange
- 1/2 tsp Asian chili paste Simple Rice Wine Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp. light extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp mirin
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice tsp salt and pepper
- Toss shrimp with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat for about 3 min or possibly till charred. Slice shrimp in half lengthwise. Toss shrimp and jicama with 1 tsp of the Simple Rice Wine Vinaigrette. Place in lettuce leaf with chives, coriander, basil and grapefruit.
- Place lettuce wrap on plate and drizzle with 1/2 tsp each Caramel and Soy Glaze and Simple Rice Wine Vinaigrette. Serve with remaining glaze and vinaigrette.
- Caramel and Soy Glaze:In small saucepan. combine soy sauce, sugar, orange rind and chili paste. Bring to boil; remove from heat and let stand till cold. Strain and set aside.
- Simple Rice Wine Vinaigrette:In small bowl, whisk together olive, canola and sunflower oils, mirin, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 427g|
|Calories from Fat 529||50%|
|Total Fat 59.82g||75%|
|Saturated Fat 6.32g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0.11g|
|Total Carbs 117.03g||31%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|