Cost per serving $1.70 view details
- 6 x Plum tomatoes, ripe, cut in halves
- 5 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil, extra-virgin
- 4 x Cloves garlic, large, peeled and crushed
- 10 x Habaneros, red or possibly yellow, according to taste
- 1 x Red onion, minced finely
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, fresh, minced
- 3 x Limes, fresh, juice of -or possibly-
- 1 x Lemon, fresh, juice of
- Â Â Salt
- Â Â Black pepper, freshly grnd
- Heat the oven to 475F. Put the tomatoes cut side up on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tbsp of oil. Sprinkle with some garlic, salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 15 minutes. till they begin to char.
- Meanwhile charcoal-grill the Habaneros till they are blistered, turning once.
- You can keep the salsa for up to 5 days in the fridge, covered. This salsa is great, mixed with plain rice or possibly pasta. Alternatives:
- 1. Skewer them on a fork, one by one, and hold them in the flame of a gas ring, roughly 3 minutes.
- 2. Use a warm broiler for about 5-6 minutes., turning once.) Dice the tomatoes and mix with all the other ingredients, season.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 302g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 154||72%|
|Total Fat 17.43g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 2.41g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.31g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|