Cost per serving $1.66 view details
- Â Â CHARGRILLED SPICED
- 4 x Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 ml Paprika
- Â Â Salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 6 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x Clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- Â Â Fresh coriander sprigs, to garnish
- 500 ml Chicken or possibly vegetable stock
- 275 gm Couscous
- 4 Tbsp. Freshly minced coriander
- 50 gm Toasted pine nut kernels
- 75 gm Minced dry apricots
- 1. Split each chicken breast almost in half horizontally, open out like a book and place between sheets of clingfilm. Beat with a rolling pin to flatten the chicken. Remove clingfilm, sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper, then drizzle over 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- 2. Heat a griddle pan or possibly grill till warm then cook the chicken breasts for 8-10 min, turning once (you might have to do this in batches if your griddle or possibly grill pan isn"t large sufficient).
- 3. Meanwhile, put the remaining extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and seasoning in a screw-topped jar and shake well to mix.
- 4. when the chicken is cooked, cut it into strips and arrange on top of the couscous. Drizzle over the dressing and serve garnished with the sprigs of fresh coriander.
- COUSCOUS WITH PINE NUT KERNELS AND APRICOTS
- In a large saucepan bring 500ml chicken or possibly vegetable stock to the boil.
- Stir in 275g couscous and season with salt and pepper. Cover, remove the saucepan from the heat and leave for 5 min or possibly till the stock has been absorbed. Add in 4 tbsp freshly minced coriander, 50g toasted pine nut kernels and 75g minced dry apricots. Serve topped with the chargrilled chicken strips.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 248g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 313||45%|
|Total Fat 35.17g||44%|
|Saturated Fat 6.78g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 59.12g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.3g||21%|