Cost per serving $4.61 view details
- Approx 750g pork tenderloin
- 1 1/2 tbs runny honey, mixed with 1 1/2 tbs hot water
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs sake or dry sherry
- 4 tbs hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp chinese five spice powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- dash red food colouring (optional, but gives a beautiful colour)
- Combine all marinade ingredients and put into a plastic freezer type bag.
- Clean pork tenderloin by removing sinews etc, prick all over with a metal skewer and add pork to marinade in bag. Tie knot in top and massage marinade well into pork.
- Leave in fridge overnight, massaging occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 200c. Half fill a deep roasting tin with water, put wire rack on top and place pork on wire rack.
- Roast for 15 mins, remove and baste with marinate. Lower oven temperature to 180c and roast a further 10 mins.
- Remove and baste with honey/water mixture. Roast a further 10 mins.
- Let it rest and slice thinly.
- Meanwhile, pour marinade into a small heavy saucepan and bring to a boil, simmer 2 mins and serve with pork.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 445g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 81||16%|
|Total Fat 8.96g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 2.72g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.07g|
|Total Carbs 20.97g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|