- 1/2 x Lemon , Juice of
- 3 x Egg yolks
- 1 dsh Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 lb (2 sticks) butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 c. Lowfat milk
- 2 x Large eggs, beaten
- 4 c. Corn flour (I use wheat flour)
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic pwdr
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 5 x Green tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 c. Oil
- 10 x Cooked crawfish, optional
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, optional Grated Parmesan cheese
- * Whisk together lowfat milk and Large eggs in small bowl.
- Whisk together lemon juice, egg yolks and cayenne in top of double boiler over barely simmering water. 30 seconds. Whisk in butter, cube at a time.
- Continue whisking till all butter has been added and sauce is thoroughly blended and smooth for about 5 min.
- TOMATOES: Combine flour, garlic pwdr, salt and pepper on plate or possibly in shallow dish. Dip each tomato slice in lowfat milk mix, then in flour mix.
- Repeat, dipping each slice again in lowfat milk mix, then flour mix.*
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook tomato slices in batches in warm oil till golden, about 3 min. Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer to plate and keep hot in oven at 200 degrees.* Shell crayfish and remove tails. Heat butter in skillet till browned. Add in crawfish tails and saute/fry till they turn bright red.* Place tomatoes on serving platter with crawfish. Spoon Hollandaise Sauce over all. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Judy Howle