Cost per recipe $10.41 view details
- 2 c. Sugar
- 1Â 1/4 c. Oil
- 3 x Large eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2Â 1/2 c. All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 c. Cocoa, measured then sifted
- 1Â 1/2 c. Hot, flat cola soda
- 1/2 c. Chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 2 Tbsp. Shortening
- 3/4 c. Unsalted butter or possibly unsalted margarine
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 c. Cocoa, measured then sifted
- 3 c. Confectioners' sugar, measured then sifted, up to 4
- 1/2 c. Water, cola or possibly half-and-half
- Â Â Gold chocolate coins, (20 to 30)
- Â Â Color jimmies or possibly cake sprinkles
- Â Â Miniature decorative plastic dreidels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 9-inch layer pans and line with parchment paper circles.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend sugar and oil. Add in Large eggs and mix till well blended and mix is thick and lightened in texture. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking soda, baking pwdr, cinnamon, and cocoa.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet - and mix - drizzling in cola as mix blends. If using an electric mixer, use slow speed and mix about 3 min, scraping sides and bottom once to incorporate all ingredients proportionately. This is a thin batter.
- Bake, on middle oven rack, 35-40 min, till cakes spring back when lightly touched.
- ICING: Cream melted chocolate, shortening, butter and vanilla with cocoa and l c. of the confectioner's sugar. Add in remaining confectioner's sugar and whip on high speed, adding in a bit of water, cola or possibly half-and-half to get a light, fluffy consistency. If not using right away, re-whip before using. Add in additional hot water to get correct consistency (a Tbsp. at a time).
- DECORATING: Place one layer on a cardboard circle. Ice this with about 1/2 inch of frosting. Place top layer and ice cake - sides first. Coat sides with colored sprinkles. Garnish bottom edge with coins. Garnish top with coins - placing them either flat on top of cake or possibly standing up (You may cut some of the coins in half to garnish border of top layer). Place a couple of miniature dreidels in centre if you like or possibly Chanukah candles (can be lit when menorah is lit).
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2001g|
|Calories from Fat 4360||49%|
|Total Fat 493.18g||616%|
|Saturated Fat 134.35g||537%|
|Trans Fat 15.59g|
|Total Carbs 1074.44g||287%|
|Dietary Fiber 39.6g||132%|