Cost per recipe $0.94 view details
- 1/2 c. Green moong dal
- 1 Tbsp. Yellow channa dal
- 1 Tbsp. Ghee or possibly oil
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Red chilli pwdr
- 1/4 tsp Haldi, (turmeric) pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Dhania, (coriander seeds) pwdr
- Â Â Salt to taste
- 1/2 x Lemon
- 1 Tbsp. Coriander minced
- 1/2 x Inch ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp Cumin and mustard seeds
- 2 c. Water
- Wash both dal together add in 1 c. water and a healthy pinch of turmeric.
- Pressure cook dal. (Approx.4 whistles will cook the dal).
- Cold the cooker. Remove dal.
- Mix all the spice powders in 1/2 c. water to make thin paste.
- Put ghee in a pan and heat.
- Add in the cumin & coriander seeds. Once they splutter add in ginger.
- Add in the paste of spice powders. Fry for a minute, add in the dal.
- Add in remaining water and stir well. Bring to a boil.
- Add in lemon juice. Check and add in salt if required.
- Garnish with minced coriander.
- Serve warm with warm steamed rice.
- Making time: 1/2 hour
- Makes: 4 servings
- Shelf life: Best warm and fresh
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 513g|
|Calories from Fat 129||87%|
|Total Fat 14.51g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 8.11g||32%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.94g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||13%|