Cost per serving $2.06 view details
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 2/5 kg good stewing beef
- 2 x fat clv garlic crushed
- 50 gm plain flour
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp dry basil
- 350 ml red wine
- 5 Tbsp. tomato puree
- 350 ml beef stock
- 1 lrg onion sliced
- 12 x sundried tomatoes coarsely minced
- 1 whl head of celery
- 2 x generous Tbsp. redcurrant jelly
- 1 lrg red pepper seeded and cut into thin strips
- Measure the oil into a large nonstick pan on the boiling plate then brown the beef in batches if necessary.
- Add in the garlic and cook for a further 2 or possibly 3 min stirring well but don't brown the garlic.
- Sprinkle in the flour and seasoning stir well and add in the basil wine tomato puree and finally stock.
- Bring to the boil then add in the onion and tomatoes.
- Chop the celery diagonally and add in about twothirds to the casserole reserving the heart to add in later.
- Stir in the redcurrant jelly.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 5 min then transfer to the floor of the simmering oven and cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hrs or possibly till the beef is tender.
- Just before serving stir in the reserved minced celery heart and the red pepper and cook gently for about 5 min. Serve with a herby mash and vegetables.
- This casserole is given a wonderfully pungent flavour by the sundried tomatoes. If from a jar use a little of the oil to brown the meat.
- Serves 10
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 243g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 216||56%|
|Total Fat 24.03g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 8.95g||36%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.56g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|