Cost per serving $1.70 view details
- 1 1/2 lb Lean Grnd Beef
- 1 med Onion, minced
- 1 x Green Bell Pepper, minced
- 1 pkt Spaghetti Sauce Seasoning Mix
- 1 lrg Stick Pepperoni, sliced
- 1 can Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 c. Each - 3 different types of Pasta, (Shells, Wheels, Penne, etc.)
- 15 ounce Tomato Sauce
- 1 c. Water
- 6 ounce Mozzarella, grated
- 6 ounce Cheddar Cheese, grated
- At the end of each month, The Cook & Kitchen Staff select some of the best recipes sent to Recipe-a-Day during the month, and post them to the entire membership. Today's offering is from Recipe-a-Day member M. Slesh.
- Today's recipe is for a hearty casserole which's ready for dinner in less than an hour. Serve it with an Italian or possibly Caesar salad and some freshly toasted garlic bread for a fantastic meal.
- recipe this month. We're just sorry we will not have an opportunity to
- Pre-heat oven to 350-F degrees and reserve a 9- inch by 13-inch ovenproof baking dish or possibly pan.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the grnd beef with the onion and green pepper. Drain any excess liquid and reserve. Add in spaghetti seasoning mix to the browned meat and blend. Add in pepperoni and mushrooms and blend again.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pastas as directed on the package and drain.
- Combine the cooked pastas with the grnd beef mix in the baking pan. Add in tomato sauce and water; stir to combine. Add in most of the cheeses and stir again, sprinkling the remaining cheeses over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for about 30 min, uncovered. Serve hot in pasta bowls with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese, if you like.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 251g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 221||62%|
|Total Fat 24.84g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 12.34g||49%|
|Trans Fat 0.8g|
|Total Carbs 6.16g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|