Cost per serving $0.46 view details
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley
- 32-40 oz chicken stock (depending on how thick you like your soup)
- 1 tablespoon white barley miso
- In a large Dutch oven or saucepan heat the olive oil and saute on a low heat, the onions, celery, carrots, parsley, salt and pepper for approx 8-10 minutes.
- Add the paprika and the cauliflower and combine thoroughly.
- Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer, partially cover and cook for approx 20-30 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile cook the onions. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and add the chopped onions. Sprinkle with onions (which stops them burning) and cook on a low heat for about 20 minutes until golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a blender and process until smooth. You will have to do this in batches.
- Return the soup to the pan. Spoon a couple of tablespoons into a small bowl and add the miso. Stir until dissolved. Pour back into the soup and heat gently. Do not boil as this destroys the enzymes in the miso.
- Check seasonings, serve warm with sprinkled herbs and lots of crispy onions. Peace!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 169g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||8%|
|Total Fat 0.21g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.06g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.92g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|