Cost per recipe $13.26 view details
- 7 Tbsp. Butter (divided), (7/8 stick)
- 4 Tbsp. All-purpose flour
- 1 c. Warm lowfat milk, (skim or possibly 2%)
- 2 c. Vegetable stock, (divided)
- 1/2 c. Sliced onion, (divided)
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Grnd nutmeg, (about) (divided)
- 3 c. Sliced mushrooms, (divided) (thinly sliced)
- 1 x Bay leaf
- 1/4 c. Minced celery
- 4 whl cloves
- 1 c. Warm cooked wild rice, (follow package directions)
- 1 Tbsp. Minced parsley
- 1/4 c. Dry white wine
- Â Â Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat 4 Tbsp. butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add in flour and cook 3 min, stirring constantly. Slowly stir in warm lowfat milk and 1 c. stock. Cook sauce over low heat, stirring constantly with wooden spoon, till smooth, about 15 min.
- In another saucepan, heat 1 Tbsp. of remaining butter. Add in 1/4 c. onion, the paprika and 1/8 tsp. nutmeg and cook 2 min. Add in to first mix and stir to combine.
- In same pan, saute/fry 2 c. sliced mushrooms in remaining 2 Tbsp. butter. Add in bay leaf, remaining 1/4 c. sliced onion, the minced celery, cloves and remaining 1 c. stock. Cover and cook medium heat 10 min.
- Blend mix in blender or possibly food processor till smooth, about 1 minute.
- Strain both the mushroom/celery mix through a fine sieve and the flour/lowfat milk mix through a colander. Throw away vegetable pcs.
- Return both mixtures to large saucepan and combine. Cook 5 min over low heat, stirring till mix is smooth. Stir in rice, remaining 1 c. sliced mushrooms, parsley and wine. Add in salt and pepper, if you like. Remove bay leaf, sprinkle with reserved nutmeg if you like, and serve.
- Makes 6 to 7servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1353g|
|Calories from Fat 764||46%|
|Total Fat 87.11g||109%|
|Saturated Fat 53.53g||214%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 181.3g||48%|
|Dietary Fiber 16.5g||55%|