Cost per serving $3.67 view details
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sm Onion
- 675 gm Carrots, (1 1/2lb)
- 1Â 1/4 lt Bouquet garni or possibly vegetable stock, (2 pints)
- 2 Tbsp. Greek yogurt
- 4 x Carrots, (cut into ribbons)
- 1 sm Red onion
- 2 Tbsp. Basil leaves
- 2 tsp Virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x Oranges, (segmented with juice reserved)
- Â Â Salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 1 x Serve with Cheese and Herb Muffins
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil, add in the onion and fry for 5 min or possibly till slightly softened. Add in the carrots and cook for a further 2 min.
- Add in the vegetable stock and season. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20-25 min or possibly till the carrots are soft and cooked.
- Meanwhile, place all the salad ingredients in a bowl, toss together and season. Set to one side.
- Place the soup in a blender and whizz till smooth, adding some water if the soup is too thick.
- To serve pour the soup into 4 shallow soup dishes. Drizzle the top of each with some yogurt and pile a mound of carrot salad in the centre.
- Serve at once, with Cheese and Herb Muffins.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 304g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 76||37%|
|Total Fat 8.62g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1.77g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 32.34g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.1g||37%|