My passion is to create nice and colourful meals & bakes for kids. Meals that they can try at home with the parents guidance. Below we have Carrot & Rosemary Risotto. Catch me on Facebook, simply type in Supacakes East London, then can have a lot more types of goodies we for kiddies and adults birthday and many other occasions...Yummy!
- 1 onion
- 250 g (8 oz) carrots
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- few stems fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 g (8 oz) risotto(arborio) rice
- 1 litre (1 Â¾ pints)chicken, lamb or vegetable stock
- -Peel and finely chop the onion.
- -Peel the carrots with the vegetable peeler and cut into small pieces.
- -Peel and crush the garlic.
- -Chop rosemary into small pieces with scissors.
- -Heat the oil in the frying pan, add the onion and fry over medium heat, stirring time to time with wooden spoon until the onion is pale golden.
- -Stir in the carrots, garlic, 1 tablespoon of rosemary leaves and rice.
- -Heat the stock and add it to the jug.
- -Pour one quarter of the hot stock on to the rice and simmer.
- -Keep a watch on the risotto as it cooks and top up with ladlefuls of stock every 5 minutes or so until the rice is soft and the stock nearly all added. Should take about 20 minutes.
- Spoon the risotto into warmed dishes and sprinkle with the extra rosemary leaves.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 116g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 43||52%|
|Total Fat 4.83g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.67g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.06g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|