....as individual servings on lettuce-lined salad plates. Garnish with a sprinkle of extra chopped peanuts if desired.
Reminiscing with family recently the conversation turned to memories of mom’s cooking, and one recipe we loved as children: Carrot Peanut Salad. Four simple ingredients make for a crunchy and healthy salad. I gave it a try inspired by my taste bud memories of long ago and came up with a close rendition. While dishing it up the inspiration came to me to serve it with a modern twist, as a lettuce wrap. Either way, you’ll find kids love it – I mean kids of all ages.
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 4 large)
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts (I used salted)
- Â½ cup diced celery
- Â¼ cup Light Miracle Whip (or light mayo, yogurt, etc.)
- Lettuce (optional)
- Measure ingredients into a medium size mixing bowl. Stir together lightly just til blended.
- Serve about 1/3 to 1/2 cup cup portion on a lettuce-lined salad plate.
- Or measure 1/3 cup onto lettuce leaf and roll up.
- Yield about 6 servings.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 71g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 108||63%|
|Total Fat 12.0g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 4.15g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.59g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|