Cost per recipe $1.87 view details
- INGREDIENTS: (makes 2 small loaves)
- 1 package of dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of sugar very full
- 3 carrots
- 1/2 cup of hot water or milk
- 4 cups os flour (can be less or more)
- 1 yolk to brush loaves
- cooking spray
- parchment paper
- Now on to making this delicious super easy carrot bread in our delightful KitchenAid Mixer:
- First lets peel the carrots and cut into pieces, boil it in around 3 cups of water.
- After the carrots are soft, put carrots in a plate and reserve the hot water.
- Smash the carrots into a puree and reserve.
- Now, the hot water into the mixer bowl, making sure with a thermometer the water is around 120 degrees.
- Sprinkle yest over the water and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar and let it sit until it foams (about 5 min).
- Whisk the foaming mix till all combined and blended.
- Start the mixer with the hook on with speed between 2 and 3.
- Add Margarine into the bowl, then salt, eggs and sugar and for last the smashed carrots, let it all blend together for a few minutes.
- Next start adding the flour little by little (make sure you lock the mixer because dough is going to get harder).
- You are going to add about 4 cups of flour total, sometimes less, sometimes more.
- Let the hook on our beautiful KitchenAid Mixer do all the work.
- You need to keep checking the dough, Itâs going be ready whenever you take a piece of the dough between your thumb and index finger and it doesnâs stick.
- Sprinkle little flour on the counter and sit the dough. Cut in half and start shaping the loaves the way you want it, I usually make into 2 small ones but you can make a big one or double recipe and make 2 big loaves.
- Next we need to let it raise, my house is very cold so I preheated my oven to 170 degrees and turned off and opened the door till still warm but not too hot, if your house is not so cold you can just let it sit on the counter.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and lay parchment paper sheet on it, sit your loaves making sure you will leave room between loaves fbecause the dough is going to grow, cover the baking sheet with a towel on the counter or into the oven (make sure oven of off at this point) it goes for about 30 min.
- After 30 minutes, your dough should be double the size.
- Pull the baking sheet out and turn on your oven in 350 degrees. ( I use convection oven and temperature stays at 325 degrees)
- Now, get the egg yolk add little water and mix it. Brush your 2 loaves with it so your bread will be nice and shinning after done.
- Put it in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Now your bread is ready and very yummy.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 473g|
|Calories from Fat 218||35%|
|Total Fat 24.45g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 6.24g||25%|
|Trans Fat 2.09g|
|Total Carbs 86.24g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.0g||20%|