Cost per serving $0.74 view details
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbs. curry powder
- 2 Tbs. fresh ginger, chopped fine
- 2 Tbs. fenugreek seed, ground
- 1 Tbs. coriander seed, ground
- 8 - 10 cardamom pods, ground
- 1 Tbs. kelp or dulse
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, chopped into 1/2 - 1 inch chunks
- 1 cup red lentils
- 6 cups soup stock or water
- 1 Tbs. miso for each serving
- 1/4 cup milk, nut milk, or cream for each serving (optional)
- In the bottom of the soup pot, saute the onion for 3 - 5 minutes until they start to become clear.
- Add the spices and sea veggies. Cook a couple minutes longer.
- Stir in the carrots (preferably organic - they make a tastier soup), cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Add stock and lentils.
- Bring almost to a boil, just at the liquid starts to steam.
- Simmer over low heat for 45 minutes to an hour until the carrots and lentils are quite soft.
- Liquify the soup with a hand blender or VitaMix.
- Ladle soup into bowls, adding milk, if desired, and a dollop of miso.
- Serve with a good hearty pumpernickel bread or whole wheat crackers.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 416g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 51||20%|
|Total Fat 5.85g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 2.96g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 38.78g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.0g||50%|