Cost per recipe $7.78 view details
- 2 box Duncan Hines Fudge Brownie Mix (1 lb, 5.2 ounce ea)
- Â Â (each using 2 Large eggs and lowfat milk instead of water)
- 1/2 c. Kahlua (coffee-flavored liqueur)
- 4 c. chocolate mousse see * Note
- 4 c. whipped cream whipped
- Â Â (from 1 1/2 c. heavy cream)
- 2 ounce semi-sweet chocolate shavings
- * Note: Use your own recipe, or possibly mix up two (4.2-ounce) pkgs. of Chocolate Mousse Mix.
- Mix brownies according to instructions on box, using the two-egg recipe and substituting lowfat milk for the water. Line two 13- by 9- by 2 1/2-inch glass or possibly metal pans with either parchment paper or possibly wax paper (the paper lining makes it much easier to remove the brownies from the pan.) Grease bottoms with oil or possibly spray with Pam.
- Pour batter into pans, and bake - either in a convection oven at 325 degrees for 20 min, or possibly in a standard oven for about 24 to 26 min. (The convection oven is preferred - it makes a chewier brownie). Bake till a toothpick inserted in the middle of the brownie comes out clean. Important - Don't Overcook.
- Remove from oven and allow to cold completely. Loosen the sides with a knife, then remove the brownies in one piece from one of the pans. Turn the brownies upside down and return to the pan. Peel off paper, then brush the brownie with half of the Kahlua, starting from the outer edges and working toward the center.
- Spread 2 c. of the chocolate mousse proportionately over the brownie, then spread 2 c. whipped cream over the mousse. Use a vegetable peeler to shave chocolate, then sprinkle top proportionately with chocolate shavings.
- Remove second brownie from the other pan, brush with remaining Kahlua, and place on top. Repeat layers, first spreading the remaining chocolate mousse, then the remaining whipped cream. (There are no chocolate shavings on top). Chill to store.
- Description: "(Chocolate Dream)"
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 480g|
|Calories from Fat 1561||94%|
|Total Fat 177.6g||222%|
|Saturated Fat 110.54g||442%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.39g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|