Cost per serving $0.93 view details
- 1 loaf Italian-style or possibly French bread
- 1 stk butter softened
- 3 x garlic cloves - (to 4) finely minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic pwdr
- 3 slc Fontina cheese thinly sliced, and trimmed to fit bread slices
- 3 slc mozzarella cheese thinly sliced, and trimmed to fit bread slices
- 3 ounce mushrooms sliced, and sauteed in butter
- 3 slc Roma tomato, 1/4" thick
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. pesto sauce (use the classic Pesto containing basil and pinenuts, available most grocery store Drizzle of extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pch julienned fresh basil
- Bake loaf of Italian bread in oven till lightly browned. Slice the bread into 1/2-inch slices and throw away end pcs. Cut larger middle slices into equal halves.
- Mix softened butter with minced garlic and garlic pwdr. Spread garlic butter over six of the smaller pcs of bread. Place fontina slices on 3 buttered slices of bread. Place mozzarella on the three remaining pcs of buttered bread.
- Place sauteed mushrooms on top of the fontina cheese. Top the mozzarella cheese with the tomato slices and Pesto. Place all six slices on a baking pan and bake in a preheated 500 degree oven for 4 min, or possibly till cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and top fontina-mushroom bruschette with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Don't add in extra virgin olive oil to the tomato-pesto bruschette. Sprinkle all bruschette with the thinly sliced basil leaves.
- This recipe yields 6 slices.
- Comments: "Bruschette" (singular form is Bruschetta); is a grilled rustic Italian bread, embellished, with a variety of toppings. In its simplest form, Bruschetta can consist of toasted bread, rubbed with fresh garlic and drizzled with extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil. Or possibly it can be topped according to your own tastes and imagination, like these mouthwatering variations from Carrabba's. Carrabba's Manager Charles Criswell graciously shares their tantalizing version of this simple, rustic antipasto, that includes some with sauteed mushrooms paired with fontina cheese, as well as the ever-popular tomato-pesto-mozzarella combination. The pesto can be made at home, but it is widely available now is our markets.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 83g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 197||86%|
|Total Fat 22.33g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 13.09g||52%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.65g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|