This is a really tasty and easy dinner! It's a thick stew-like beef mixture with Mexican flavors. It's really good served with yellow rice and tortillas. I like corn tortillas, but my husband prefers flour.
- 1-2 lbs stew meat, trimmed of fat
- flour- 2-3 tblsp
- olive oil (2-3 tblsp)
- can of Rotel diced tomatoes & chiles
- water (I refill the Rotel can to the top)
- chili powder (couple tblsp- to taste)
- cumin (1-2 teaspoon)
- flour (1 tblsp)
- cornstarch (1 tblsp)
- water- (1/2 c)
- package of yellow rice cooked per package directions, if desired
- tortillas- corn or flour, whichever you prefer
- Once meat is trimmed of excess fat, sprinkle with flour, salt & pepper.
- Heat olive oil in skillet.
- Add meat and brown.
- When meat is browned, add Rotel tomatoes and water.
- Season with chili powder & cumin.
- Turn heat to low and simmer until meat is tender (about an hour).
- Add flour and cornstarch to cold water and mix well.
- Turn up heat to medium.
- Add water with cornstarch and flour to meat mixture slowly to thicken. Stir constantly to prevent lumps.
- Serve with tortillas and yellow rice, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 244g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 84||31%|
|Total Fat 9.29g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 3.26g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.79g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|