Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Cost per serving $3.53 view details
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 fresh or canned jalapeÃ±o pepper, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Salsa Verde
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups hot cooked regular long-grain white rice
- Lime slice (optional)
- Fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- Toss the shrimp with 1 tablespoon of the oil, lime juice and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, green pepper and jalapeÃ±o pepper. Cook and stir for 4 minutes or until the onion is tender. Stir the red pepper, salsa and coconut milk in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cilantro. Cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve over the rice. Garnish with lime slices and cilantro leaves, if desired.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 428g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 147||35%|
|Total Fat 16.86g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 6.75g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 37.81g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|