- 1 c. All-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. Yellow cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Caraway seeds
- 2 lrg Large eggs
- 1 c. Lowfat milk
- 1/3 c. Lowfat sour cream
- 5 Tbsp. Unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Preheat oven to 425F. and generously grease an 8-inch-square baking pan.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking pwdr, salt, baking soda, and 1 tsp. caraway seeds.
- In a small bowl whisk together Large eggs, lowfat milk, lowfat sour cream, and butter.
- Add in lowfat milk mix to cornmeal mix and stir till just combined.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp. caraway seeds. Bake corn bread in middle of oven 20 min, or possibly till sides begin to pull away from edges of pan.
- Cold corn bread in pan on a rack 5 min and cut into 4 squares.
- Makes four 4-inch squares.